Federal Business Class
Self-employed Persons Program
To be eligible as a self-employed person, you must: Have relevant experience:
Have taken part in cultural activities or athletics at a world-class level
Have been self-employed in cultural activities or athletics, or
Have experience in managing a farm
Experience / education / age / language abilities / adaptability
Medical, security and other requirements
You and your family members – a medical exam and get police certificates
Show enough money to support yourself and your family after you com to Canada
1. Consult your qualification as self-employed
2. Meet the definition of a self-employed + pass a medical exam +
pass criminal & security checks
3. Completed your application + pay fees / Submit
4. Approved + Confirmation of PR
Start-up Business Class
The program will:
Test the potential for increased economic benefit to Canada by linking foreign entrepreneurs with Canadian private sector partners (venture capital funds, angel investor groups and business incubators) that have experience and expertise dealing with start-up businesses
Enable immigrant entrepreneurs to create jobs in Canada and build innovative companies that can compete on a global scale
Provide private-sector firms with access to a broader range of entrepreneurs, including the best and the brightest minds from around the world.
1. Obtain the support of one of designated organizations
2. Meet the ownership requirements
3. Meet the language requirements
4. Bring sufficient settlement funds
5. Completed your application + pay fees/
Submit with other all required documents
6. Approved + Confirmation of PR
IIVCPP (Immigrant Investor Venture Capital Pilot Program)
1. Consult your qualification as an applicant of IIVC Pilot Program
2. Completed your application form with all other required documents +
Pay processing fee + met the language requirements + evidence of education
3. Approved + Confirmation of Permanent Residence
Do I need to invest CDN $2 million when I apply to the Immigrant Investor Venture Capital Pilot Program?
NO. You will need to provide your CDN $2 million investment only if you are among the 60 immigrant investors approved under the IIVC Pilot Program.
If your application is approved, you will be informed by IRCC how and when you must make your investment. The investment must be made within the timeframe specified by IRCC for the application to be finalized and a permanent resident visa issued.
What is a due diligence report?
A due diligence report is an independent examination of your past business or investment experience, source of funds and personal net worth.
It validates whether your wealth is generated from true and lawful business or investment activities. It also identifies any potentially negative information for a IRCC officer to consider. The report must be done by a designated service provider.